As a local or small business on the internet, you know that business and competition can be tough. The question I hear most often from my clients is how do I get found on the internet and how can I increase my visibility. One way that is becoming very effective is through the use of social media.
Social Media is here to stay. For those of you that may be groaning right now, know that fighting against it may, in fact, hinder your business in the long run. Embracing it and making it work for you is how you can win the battle.
Here is what we know
* Social Media Works
* It lets people get to know you and your business
* It keeps your name in from of you customers and potential customers
* It keeps your business interesting
* But you must have a plan
How to Plan Your Social Media Campaign
Where to Start
* Choose a social media channel you enjoy
* Start with 1 or 2 max, until you are comfortable
* Use a calendar of engagement – When to post and what you will post
* Stick to it
So how do I make sure it will work for me? Check out these thoughts
How to Be Successful
* Know that people want to see engaging posts
* They want to have fun and be entertained
* They want information
* You have to be consistent
* You can share others posts and info for more engagement
* Become a resource for others through your posts and images
* Track your results and adjust as needed
It is not hard to find your niche. Images are powerful tools and need to be incorporated with as many social media posts as possible. Especially when using sites like Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. Twitter is not as image heavy but it is becoming that way too.
Take the time to promote your business through the power of social media. Plan your calendar, plan your posts and have fun!