When I talk to people about blogging for business and search engine optimization one of the first things that comes into the discussion is how to be found on page one of the search engine results. While it’s nice to think that we can all rise to the top of the search engine results pages, reality is that it can be a difficult journey, unless there’s are certain factors involved in your blog.
Google and the other search engines continually update their search algorithms and so there’s never a guarantee that your blog or website will be in the top results for a particular keyword.
However, if you utilize some of the main features in search engine optimization your results may be a bit more positive than what you may be seeing today.
With that in mind I wanted to share with you five easy tips for SEO in your business blogging blogging that may help improve your results.
5 Easy Tips for SEO in Business Blogging
- You must blog on a regular basis. Whether that is once or twice a week or once or twice a month, the consistency is the key here.
- The content that you write must be in correlation to the topic of your site. It also needs to include a healthy discussion of the topic. That doesn’t mean 200 or 300 words. That means you need to fully discuss your topic at 400 to 500 words plus.
- Make sure you use keywords in your titles within the body of the post and also within the images that you are using. Choose one or two main key words per article and include them in the key areas I mentioned in point 2.
- Make your blog post easy-to-read using smaller sentences, header titles, and include bullet points or numbered lists. This makes it easy to read and scan for your reader. As we know most people scan articles today so give them the info that they want in and easy to read manner.
- Include linking within your article to other posts that may interest your reader and correlate to the topic you’re writing about. You want your reader engaged in your topic and your blog so as to lead them to other articles of interest that will benefit them and also keep them on your site for a longer time. Offering articles and blog post the value is always important in SEO.
These five tips to help improve your business blogging as long as you are consistent and include these each time you write and publish.
For more tips like this, sign up for my emails and let me know what difficulties you’re having with your business blog. I am always here to help improve the effectiveness of your blog and website. Let me know how I can help your business.